illinois horse ONLINE:: The Board
October 31, 2014, 12:22:27 PM *
Welcome Guest, please

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hug your horse today! Smiley

Home   Help Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr Conclusion Hypp status??  (Read 1803 times)
shawnee
Herd Leader

« on: January 11, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »

Does anyone know the HYPP status on Mr. Conclusion? I'm looking at a paint mare with his bloodline and she's not been tested. Thanks!
Terri
THE Wench
Global Moderator
Ol' Grey Mare

Get To The Choppa!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 07:37:43 PM »

He isn't on this list.

http://www.bringinglighttohypp.org/HYPP_NN_QH_Stallions.pdf

But who is her sire and dam and have they been tested? Others know way more about HYPP than me but I think if it skips a couple of generations, they won't have it. Many of Mr. Conclusions get are N/H.

"Life is short, break the rules, forgive sooner, love with true love, laugh without control and always keep smiling.

Maybe life is not the party that we were expecting, but in the mean time, we're here and we can still dance....."

Growing old is not for wimps
Laura
Administrator
Ol' Grey Mare

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »

He was n/h.

[Sent from my Android using Tapatalk]
shawnee
Herd Leader

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 09:35:22 PM »

Thanks Terri and Laura.

The mare's sire is Zips Impressive Rumor, but when I contacted APHA, they informed me that they DO NOT require or keep records of HYPP status. The owner told me that when she bought the horse, she was told he was N/N, but he's never been tested  Huh
      The grand sire is Misters Rumor. I dont know if he's a paint or QH as of yet. Misters Rumor is an own son of Mr. Conclusion.

On the dam's side, it's all pleasure and some cow bloodlines. She does not go back to Impressive at all.
DandilionBelle
Herd Leader

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:36:07 AM »

is it just me or does it seem irresponsible of the APHA (and I'm not trying to start anything, just making an observation) to NOT ask for HYPP status on their stallions especially when so many of their bloodlines are QH dominated???

Missing her Big Mamma (1990-10/19/2012) but still loving her Mr. Ed
shawnee
Herd Leader

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 02:28:32 AM »

I felt the same way....almost like their promoting irresponsible breedings...I have been a member of APHA for many years, and let it expire when we sold the horses. I was very disappointed to hear they dont keep better track of it than that.
deedee
Herd Leader

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 06:20:17 AM »

It's all about the money and public relations, i.e., damage control.  Genetic defects are a breed organization's worst nightmare.
vwpaints
Foal

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:53:32 AM »

HYPP doe not skip a generation. If they are N/H they may or may not have attacks. I had a horse that was N/H for 6 years without one attack then he had a really bad one. Now he  hasn't since and its been a year. Some can have them all the time. Good luck!
ShezaWildOne
Yearling

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 04:35:41 AM »

i bought a paint stud colt that came from a breeder in southern, il. when i looked into selling him i glanced at his papers and did not realize that he had impressive lines. i called the breeder and they told me they never had his dam tested (which is the one who's lines go back to impressive) guess what else they told me? "oh this mexican guy down the street buys our stock all the time for rodeo mounts and he has never had a problem with them-he just likes them cause they are fast". I was so pissed to here this. Before I sold him i got him HYPP tested and he came back n/h. Even tho he was young and did not show any outward signs of it doesn't mean that he won't spontaneously have an attack one day, collapse and die. AQHA will not register a horse with impressive lines WITHOUT having a HYPP status on the records, the APHA does not require anything of the sort-which is total and complete BS. After I found out the hypp test results I sent the breeder a nasty email telling them they are breeding potential unhealthy horses without really giving a damn and that they SHOULD have them tested before sold if they are a responsible breeder. I never heard any word back from them...
ShezaWildOne
Yearling

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 04:37:07 AM »

and if anyone ever comes across this breeder their main stud is named Hopper..just an FYI
Terri
THE Wench
Global Moderator
Ol' Grey Mare

Get To The Choppa!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 05:28:23 AM »

HYPP doe not skip a generation. If they are N/H they may or may not have attacks. I had a horse that was N/H for 6 years without one attack then he had a really bad one. Now he  hasn't since and its been a year. Some can have them all the time. Good luck!

OK I guess I said it wrong. What I meant was N/N x N/N cannot produce a N/H or H/H. At least that is what I have read.

http://www.bringinglighttohypp.org/

here are three testing statuses for HYPP:

H/H   This status means that a horse carries a double copy of the defective gene and will pass at least one copy of the gene and the disease to 100% of it's offspring.

N/H This status means that the horse carries one normal gene and one HYPP gene and statistically an N/H horse will pass the gene and the disease to 50% of it's offspring when bred to a N/N or non-Impressive bred horse. N/H to N/H cross will statistically result in 25% N/N progeny, 50% N/H progeny, and 25% H/H progeny.

N/N This status means that the horse carries two normal genes. It does not have the disease, nor can it be passed on.

So what I meant was a horse can have the bloodlines to Impressive but not have the mutated gene. Told ya I didn't know much about it.  Wink  Always room to learn though.

"Life is short, break the rules, forgive sooner, love with true love, laugh without control and always keep smiling.

Maybe life is not the party that we were expecting, but in the mean time, we're here and we can still dance....."

Growing old is not for wimps
shawnee
Herd Leader

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 05:10:49 AM »

well, I have traced the mare's bloodlines.....her grand sire is HYPP N/N. Since he was crossed on a QH without Impressive lines, then that means the mare's sire will be N/N also....correct??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: