illinois horse ONLINE:: The Board
August 27, 2014, 12:58:30 PM *
Welcome Guest, please

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hug your horse today! Smiley

Home   Help Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arthur IL auction  (Read 2460 times)
jemma
Yearling

« on: November 17, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »

Since there was another thread on the Lollie auction, I thought I'd ask about the Arthur Auction.  Anybody attend?  What type of horses are usually available?  Prices good?

rudy
Horse

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »

Its bad...real bad...occasionally you get a good horse or two, but not often...bad conditions, makes me sad to even go. Around my home, Arthur holds a reputation for being a really bad place.
BUC
Ol' Grey Mare

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 08:00:34 PM »

Really? Arthur is one of the nicer sale barns I've been to. It's not Gordyville....but as far as low end auctions go it's definitely one of the nicer, cleaner barns and the sale is well run.

I go just about every month for the last 16 years. It's always a crap shoot. Just about everything will be there as far as breeds of horses. I used to buy about 10 horses a month out of there....I'd return about half of them the next month. I've bought some GREAT horses there....I've also bought a lot of crap.

Tack is the same...a crap shoot. Sometimes there will be lots of good stuff, sometimes not so much and it's almost a wasted trip.

If you decide to go give me a holler and I'll say HI to ya Smiley
cowgirl67
Foal

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »

I agree with BUC, the barn is clean and run well.  Like any other auction you don't know what kind of horses are going to show up.  I've always had good luck with the tack there. 
rudy
Horse

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 04:45:05 AM »

I've had some good luck with tack there...but some of the horses I've seen there are just plain sad...I've also seen owners sticking needles in necks and horses being roughed up...
If you've had good luck there, I have a ton of respect for you...you can really pick a diamond out of the rough...I know friends that take all their junk horses there just so they never have to see it agian...I guess I've just been soured on the expierience...The reputation it has near my home is not usually a positive one...
It just goes to show just how applicable buyer beware is I suppose.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: